Monday, March 24, 2008

Perez Hilton Gives Mae A Heart Attack

So I go to get the Boo from school. Come home. Find two messages on the answering machine. Weird. No one calls me.

Play the first message. It's my pal Katie. "Mae, oh my god. OH MY GOD! You're on Perez Hilton! YOUR VIDEO IS ON PEREZ HILTON!!!" And Katie is gasping, she's so excited and stammering as she tries to explain that she opened her Google Reader to read a Perez update and there I am under, "You must watch this!" And it's the fondu restaurant vlog entry!

It's the fondu restaurant vlog entry????

So in my mind, I'm going, "OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD this is it. THIS IS IT! FINALLY people will watch my damn videos!" But there was also this nagging voice going, "The fondu vlog entry? On Perez? This does not compute. This does not compute." Then my brain exploded.

I rush to the computer to check, all while calling Matt and yelling that I'm on Perez Hilton. Matt and I are both checking out the site. Page after page. Lots of stars. Lots of gossip. No Midwestern stay at home mom wanna be fame whores.

I call Katie and yell, "KATIE! I WENT TO SCHOOL TO GET BOO AND IN THAT TIME I MADE IT ON PEREZ HILTON????? But where am I on Perez Hilton?"

Katie replied in a little voice, "I'm so sorry. You didn't. My Google reader must have cached your video and put it in the place of the actual video Perez was promoting. Sorry."

OH, bummer. For 2 minutes of my life, I knew what it felt like to become an overnight sensation.

It felt so good.

Katie and I continued to chat and the mail came. It's an envelope from the school district. The only reason they mail is to tell you that YOUR KID GOT INTO THE MAGNET SCHOOL! OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!

No.

It's a notice for an upcoming seminar for parents.

Oh bummer. For 1 minute of my life I knew what it felt like to have a kid in the Magnet school district.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Click to enlarge and you'll see why Katie thought what she did!

No comments: